Mobile Device Management
The world has changed. Working from home and mobile working is now normal for most people. However, managing devices (laptops, desktops, tablets and mobiles) in most businesses, is not done thoroughly. Mobile device management (MDM) is no longer optional. Without it and an in-depth approach to access, user and device management, organisations have an increased risk of a breach.
MDM allows for devices that are shipped straight from the hardware distributor to be configured to meet organisation policies when the user first logs in, encrypted, updated as required and then wiped when the user leaves without ever being seen by an IT technician.
Some of the core functions of MDM include:
- Ensuring that diverse user equipment is configured to a consistent standard / supported set of applications, functions, or corporate policies.
- Updating equipment, applications, functions, or policies in a scalable manner.
- Ensuring that users use applications in a consistent and supportable manner.
- Ensuring that equipment performs consistently.
- Monitoring and tracking equipment (e.g. location, status, ownership, activity).
- Being able to efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot equipment remotely.